Personally identifiable information (“PII”) is personal information such as your name or a family members’ name, your e-mail address, mailing address, or telephone number.
We collect PII when you visit our website and when you voluntarily submit it to us. We collect it when you create a Royalty account, enter into a sweepstakes or contest, make a purchase, complete a survey, contact us or make an inquiry, or join our eClub or other online forums.
We may also collect your PII from third parties such as service providers that we use to the extent necessary to allow them to provide our services and products to you. If, at any time, you leave our website and are redirected to a third party website or application, you are no longer governed by this policy and your PII will be treated in accordance with the provider’s policy. If someone purchases an e-gift card for you, we can receive your email address and other PII about you from that person.
We do not knowingly collect PII from children under the age of thirteen without the prior consent of the child’s parent or legal guardian. If you believe that your child under the age of thirteen gave us PII online, please contact the privacy officer and we will take appropriate action.
In addition to PII, we may collect other information from you using the following technologies:
• Cookies. "Cookies" are small bits of information that the Red Robin website places on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies remember information about your activities on the site to make your visits to our website more enjoyable and valuable to you by providing a customized experience and recognizing your preferences when you visit our website. If you've chosen to disable cookies on your browser, some of the functionality of our website may be lost. Certain other web pages that Red Robin produces, particularly those that require a login and password, require that cookies be enabled in your browser and cannot be used when you have disabled cookies in your browser.
• Flash Cookies (also called Local Shared Objects or “LSOs”). Flash cookies are data files similar to cookies, except that they can store more complex data. Flash cookies are used to remember settings, preferences, and usage, particularly for video, interactive gaming, and other similar services.
• Web beacons or clear pixels. Web beacons are small graphic images on a web page or in an e-mail that can be used for such things as recording the pages and advertisements clicked on by users, or tracking the performance of e-mail marketing campaigns.
• Web server logs. Web server logs are records of activity created by the computer that delivers the webpages you request to your browser. For example, a web server log may record the search term you entered or the link you clicked to bring you the webpage. The Web server log also may record information about your browser, such as your IP address and the cookies set on your browser by the server.
• Geo-location technologies. Geo-location technology refers to technologies that permit us to determine your location. We may ask you to manually provide location information on our website, or to enable your mobile device to send us precise location information. We may also automatically collect general location information from your web browser.
We participate in behavioral-based advertising. This means that a third party may use technology (e.g., a cookie) to collect information about your use of our website so that they can provide advertising about products and services tailored to your interest. That advertising may appear either on our website, or on other websites.
Red Robin’s uses your PII to provide you with our products, services, information, and advertisements that match your interests. We may also use PII to conduct research and analysis, or to improve our websites, products, or services. We will send you promotional emails and/text messages about our products and services if we have received your consent to do so and you can unsubscribe at any time.
Red Robin will use and disclose your PII if you choose to participate in the Royalty Program. A comprehensive description of the use and disclosure of your PII is set out in the Red Robin Royalty Rewards Rules, Terms and Conditions, and the Royalty FAQs.
If you unsubscribe and you are a Royalty member, your account will be closed and deactivated.
Red Robin may disclose your PII with companies that are affiliated with us (that is, that control, are controlled by, or are under common control with Red Robin) and with third party service providers to assist us in providing our products and services to you.
Provided you have voluntarily provided us with comments on an experience at a franchise location, we may also share your PII with our franchisees who are not affiliates of Red Robin. Third parties who advertise their products and services on our websites may also be given your PII if you give us your consent to share it with them.
There may be instances when Red Robin may disclose PII where authorized or required by law or subpoena or in other instances where Red Robin reasonably believes that it is necessary to comply with law and the reasonable requests of law enforcement; to protect the safety and security of you or others; or to protect against fraud or for risk management purposes.. In addition, if Red Robin sells all or part of its business or makes a sale or transfer of assets or is otherwise involved in a merger, liquidation or other business restructuring, Red Robin may transfer your PII to a third party, successor in interest or affiliate as part of that transaction. We will not however, sell, rent or share your PII as part of our daily business activities, except where you have given us your consent to do so.
We use reasonable measures to help prevent personal information from becoming disclosed to individuals who are not described in this policy. While we attempt to protect the information in our possession, no security system is perfect and we cannot promise that information about you will remain secure in all circumstances.
ACCESS & CHOICE
Red Robin has implemented the following procedure that you may use to access, correct or delete your PII, or choose how your information is used.
• If you would like to know the types of information that Red Robin collects from visitors to its website, please email or write us at the addresses listed below under “Communication.”
• If you would like to know whether Red Robin has collected PII about you please send us the activities that you participated in on our website that requested PII. After reviewing the relevant databases, we will confirm whether we have collected such information about you and provide a list of your PII that we have on file.
• If your PII is incorrect, you may correct the PII by sending a written request for correction to Red Robin's Privacy Officer at the address below. Your request must include (1) all of the incorrect PII that you wish to change, (2) the corrected PII, and (3) your signature authorizing such changes. Red Robin will then correct the PII in our database and send a written confirmation to you.
• You can withdraw your consent to receive marketing communications at any time. If you wish to stop receiving marketing communications from Red Robin, please click on the “unsubscribe” link in any Red Robin Program email or send us a request by clicking here.
• Some web browsers and devices permit you to broadcast a preference that you not be “tracked” online. At this time we do not modify your experience based upon whether such a signal is broadcast.
Social Media and Share Links. When you “like” or “follow” us on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or other social media sites, we may collect your information. This information may include your name, e-mail address, and any comments or content you post relevant to us. We may also collect your information if you sign up for one of our promotions or submit information to us through Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter or another social media site. These links may include the use of so-called “share links.” A “share link” is a button and/or text link appearing on our websites that launches a sharing mechanism that allows you to post links to, and content from, our websites or application onto other websites.
Notice to California Residents. California residents may ask Red Robin to describe what categories of personal information we share with affiliated companies or third parties for their direct marketing purposes, and the names of those companies. You may receive a copy of this notice by submitting a written request to Red Robin at the addresses listed below in the “Communication” Section.
Notice to Canadian Residents. Red Robin, our affiliates and our Canadian, US, and other service providers may process and store your PII in a country outside of Canada, and the governments, courts, or law enforcement of that country may be able to obtain disclosure of personal information through the laws of the foreign country. Under the laws of a foreign country, in certain circumstances, Red Robin may be required to provide your PII in response to a search warrant or other legally valid inquiry or order.
If you have questions or concerns regarding our collection and use of your PII or any other privacy or security issue, please contact:
Red Robin Gourmet Burgers
6312 S. Fiddler's Green Circle
Suite 200 North
Greenwood Village, CO 80111
Attention: Privacy Officer
Telephone: (303) 846-6000
Facsimile: (877) 471-5691
If we need, or are required, to contact you concerning any event that involves information about you we may do so by email, telephone, or mail.
Effective as of January 2016