1. What is the best way for me to learn which menu items are safe for me to eat with my allergies?
Your most up-to-date way to find out what menu items are allergen safe is our Interactive Allergen Menu. At Red Robin, we are always changing ingredients and menus to keep up with public tastes and seasonal demands, and to be able to provide you the safest recommendations, the interactive allergen menu is kept current and accurate throughout any change. It is your single source of truth!
2. Why are your steak fries not recommended for guests avoiding wheat, eggs, soy, fish, shellfish or milk?
While our steak fries do not include these ingredients and Red Robin does have a dedicated fryer for cooking our steak fries, it is not recommended for Guests looking to avoid these allergens to consume the steak fries due to possible cross contact of allergens in our fryer station.
3. What steps do you take in creating my meal in the kitchen to keep it safe and prevent cross contact of allergens?
Your server will alert the kitchen staff of the allergen order. Then our kitchen staff will use the designated purple allergen kit and tools to create your meal. It will then be identified with a purple pick so the server is aware that this is the allergen meal and it was prepared using the Red Robin allergen procedures. The entire kit and all the tools are washed, rinsed and sanitized prior to the next use.
4. Is your Red Robin seasoning considered gluten free?
Yes, it is, we now even call it out as Gluten Free on all our bottles and packaging.
5. What type of allergen training and how often is the training to ensure you are keeping me safe as an allergen Guest?
Our Team members are trained using our Allergen Program Standard procedures when they are hired and their knowledge is validated with a quiz. Our kitchen staff and our servers are also asked questions by our third-party auditing company to verify and test their allergen knowledge 4 times a year. Twice a day, managers visually inspect that the allergy tools are clean and in good condition.