We collect information about you in a variety of ways depending on how you interact with us and our products and services, including our website(s), mobile applications, social media interfaces, and other online interfaces (collectively, the “Interfaces”) as well as our restaurants. Some of the information we collect includes personal information that can be used to identify you. The following provides examples of the type of personal information we collect when you voluntarily submit it to us, and how we use that information.
INFORMATION YOU VOLUNTARILY SUBMIT TO US
We collect personal information when you voluntarily submit it to us.
INFORMATION WE AUTOMATICALLY COLLECT THROUGH THE USE OF TECHNOLOGY
We may also collect certain information automatically when you access and use our Interfaces. The following describes the types of information we may collect and how we use that information.
- Web server log data. Web server logs are records of activity created by the computer that delivers the webpages you request to your browser. For example, a web server log may record the search term you entered or the link you clicked to bring you the webpage. The web server log also may record information about your browser, such as your internet protocol (IP) address and the cookies set on your browser by the server.
- Location data. We may use geo-location technologies that permit us to determine your location. We may ask you to manually provide location information on our Interfaces, or to enable your mobile device to send us precise location information. We may also automatically collect general location information from your web browser.
- Cookies and other similar technologies. When you visit our Interfaces and when you open or click on e-mails, we send you, we may automatically collect information from your browser or device using technologies such as cookies, web beacons, pixel tags, and similar technologies. These technologies enable us to collect information such as device identifiers and online or other network activity information. For more information, please see the “Cookies and Similar Tracking Technologies” section below. We may use this information to conduct data analytics, to enable our make your visits to our Interfaces more enjoyable and valuable to provide customized experience and recognizing your preferences when you visit our Interfaces.
INFORMATION WE OBTAIN FROM OTHER SOURCES We may also receive your personal information from other sources, including our affiliates, business partners, and service providers; social media platforms, other publicly available sources, and other third-parties. In addition, if you submit a job application, or become a Team Member, we may conduct a background check.
- Your Friends or Family Members. For example, if someone purchases an e-gift card for you, we may receive your e-mail address and other information about you from that person.
- Social Media and Share Links. When you “like” or “follow” us on a social media platform, we may collect your information. This information may include your name, e-mail address, and any comments or content you post that are relevant to us. We may also collect your information if you sign up for one of our promotions or submit information to us through a social media platform. Additionally, our Interfaces may include social media features, such as links that allow you to share information (e.g., via widgets, plugins, or other tools), such as, the “Like” or “Share” button ("Features"). These Features may collect your IP address, which page you are visiting on our site, and may set a cookie to enable the Feature to function properly. They may also allow third-party social media services to provide us information about you, including your name and e-mail address, and other contact information. The information we receive is dependent upon your privacy settings with the third-party social media service. Your interactions with these Features are governed by the privacy statements of the third-party companies providing them.
COOKIES AND SIMILAR TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES
We use a variety of technologies to gather information when you visit or interact with our Interfaces and e-mail communications. We use this information for a variety of purposes, such as to make our websites and mobile applications work properly, to make a user’s experience more efficient, to understand how visitors interact with our Interfaces, and for advertising purposes. The following describes the types of technologies we may use:
- Cookies. “Cookies” are small bits of information that a website places on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies remember information about your activities on the website to make your visits to our website more enjoyable and valuable to you by providing a customized experience and recognizing your preferences when you visit our website. You can set your browser to refuse some or all cookies, or to indicate when a cookie is being sent to your computer. However, if you've chosen to disable cookies on your browser, some of the functionality of our Interfaces may be lost. Certain other Interfaces Red Robin produces, particularly those that require a login and password, require that cookies be enabled in your browser and cannot be used when you have disabled cookies in your browser.
- Flash Cookies (also called Local Shared Objects or “LSOs”). Flash cookies are data files similar to cookies, except that they can store more complex data. Flash cookies are used to remember settings, preferences, and usage, particularly for video, interactive gaming, and other similar services.
- Web beacons or clear pixels. Web beacons are small graphic images on a web page or in an e-mail that can be used for such things as recording the pages and advertisements clicked on by users or tracking the performance of e-mail marketing campaigns.
- Third Party Tracking and Advertising. We may participate in behavioral-based advertising. This means that a third party may use technology (e.g., a cookie) to collect information about your use of our Interfaces so that they can provide advertising about products and services tailored to your interest. That advertising may appear either on our Interfaces, or on other websites.
- Analytics. We may use third-party services (e.g., Google Analytics) on our Interfaces to collect information about your use of our Interfaces. Red Robin uses this information to, among other things, evaluate and analyze how visitors use these platforms, determine the popularity of certain content, deliver advertising and content targeted to your interest, and better understand your online activity. For more information about how Google collects and processes data, please visit www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/. For more information about how to opt out of having your information used by Google Analytics, please visit tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/.
USE OF INFORMATION
- To provide you with our products, services, information, and advertisements that match your interests.
- To conduct research and analysis, and to improve our Interfaces, products, and/or services.
- To send you promotional e-mails and text messages about our products and services if we have received your consent to do so and you can unsubscribe at any time.
Although the sections above describe our primary purpose in collecting your information, in many situations we have more than one purpose. For example, if you complete an online purchase we may collect your information to perform our contract with you, but we also maintain your information after your transaction is complete so that we can quickly and easily respond to any questions you may have about your order.
- Affiliates. We may disclose your information with companies that are affiliated with us (that is, that control, are controlled by, or are under common control with Red Robin).
- Business Transactions. If we sell all or part of our business, or makes a sale or transfer of assets or are otherwise involved in a merger, liquidation or other business restructuring, we may transfer your information to a third party, successor in interest or affiliate as part of that transaction, including at the planning and negotiation states.
- Disclosures with Your Consent. We may ask if you would like us to share your information with other unaffiliated third parties who are not described elsewhere in this policy. For example, third parties who advertise their products and services on our Interfaces may be given your information if you give us your consent to share it with them.
- Franchisees. If you have voluntarily provided us with comments on an experience at a franchise location, we may share your information with our franchisees who are not affiliates of Red Robin.
- Other Disclosures without Your Consent. We may disclose information where authorized or required by law, subpoena, or in other instances where Red Robin reasonably believes that it is necessary to comply with law and the reasonable requests of law enforcement. Red Robin may also disclose information to establish or exercise our rights, to defend against a legal claim, to protect the safety and security of you or others, or to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding possible illegal activities, suspected fraud, or a violation of our policies.
- Public. Some of our Interfaces may provide the opportunity to post comments, or reviews, in a public forum. If you decide to submit information on these pages, that information may be publicly available.
- Service Providers. We may disclose your information with third party service providers to assist us in providing our products and services to you. Among other things service providers may help us to administer our Interfaces, conduct surveys, provide technical support, process payments, and assist in the fulfillment of orders.
We use reasonable measures to help prevent personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. While we use reasonable efforts to protect the information in our possession, no security system is perfect, and we cannot promise that information about you will remain fully secure in all circumstances. Read more: Consumer Cyber Security Commitment to our Guests.
You can make the following choices regarding your personal information:
- Marketing and Promotional Communications. If you no longer wish to receive marketing and/or promotional communications from Red Robin, you may unsubscribe or opt-out at any time by following the instructions contained in the individual marketing and/or promotional message you receive from us or contact us using the information listed in the “Communications” section below. Please note, if you opt out of receiving marketing and/or promotional communications from Red Robin, we may still send you transactional communications (e.g. administrative and service announcements).
- “Do Not Track” Signals. Some web browsers permit you to broadcast a Do Not Track (“DNT”). At this time, we do not modify your experience based upon whether such a signal is broadcast.
- Personal Information Requests. Consistent with applicable law, you may have the right to request the following. Please note that many of these rights are not absolute and do not apply in all circumstances.
- Access to Your Personal Information. You may request access to your personal information. If required by law, upon request, we will grant you reasonable access to the personal information that we have about you. If you would like to submit a request to access such information, please follow the instructions under “Personal Information Request Details” below.
- Changes to Your Personal Information. If your personal information is incorrect, you may request that we make changes by contacting us using the instructions below under “Personal Information Request Details” below. Your request must include (1) all of the incorrect personal information that you wish to change, (2) the corrected personal information, and (3) your signature authorizing such changes. Red Robin will then correct the personal information in our database and send a written confirmation to you.
PERSONAL INFORMATION REQUEST DETAILS
To make a request to access or delete your information as described above, please submit a Personal Information Request or call 877-499-6809. If you are making a request on behalf of another person, please indicate that you are acting as an authorized agent and follow the instructions when submitting the Personal Information Request. To protect your information, we must be able to verify your identity before processing your request. In order to do so, we will ask you to provide g your first and last name, phone number, email address (if available), and will match this to the information we maintain in our records based on your relationship with us.
In some circumstances, you may designate an authorized agent to submit a request to access or delete your information on your behalf. We will require verification that you did in fact give the authorized agent permission to make such a request on your behalf. We may also require you to verify your own identity directly with us. Note that we may deny a request from an authorized agent that does not submit proof that they have been authorized by you to act on your behalf.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
- Identifiers, such as real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, email address, telephone number, account name or other similar identifiers. We disclose this type of information to the following categories of recipients for our business purposes: advertising networks, affiliates, data analytics providers, internet service providers, operating systems and platforms, other service providers, and social networks.
- Payment information, such as signature, credit card number, debit card number, or other payment information. We disclose this type of information to the following categories of recipients for our business purposes: affiliates, internet service providers, and other service providers.
- Commercial Information, such as information about products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies. We disclose this type of information to the following categories of recipients for our business purposes: advertising networks, affiliates, data analytics providers, and other service providers.
- Protected classification characteristics, such as age or gender if you choose to provide it (e.g., during an optional survey). We disclose this type of information to the following categories of recipients for our business purposes: affiliates, data analytics providers, and service providers.
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, such as browsing history, search history, and information regarding an individual’s interaction with an internet website, application, or advertisement. We disclose this type of information to the following categories of recipients for our business purposes: advertising networks, affiliates, data analytics providers, internet service providers, operating systems and platforms, other service providers, and social networks.
- Geolocation data. We disclose this type of information to the following categories of recipients for our business purposes: advertising networks, affiliates, data analytics providers, internet service providers, and other service providers.
- Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information. We disclose this type of information to the following categories of recipients for our business purposes: affiliates and service providers.
- Professional or employment Information, such as military or veteran status if you choose to provide it (e.g., for providing military discount). We disclose this type of information to the following categories of recipients for our business purposes: affiliates and service providers.
- Inferences drawn from any of the information listed above. We disclose this type of information to the following categories of recipients for our business purposes: advertising networks, affiliates, data analytics providers, internet service providers, and other service providers.
- Identifiers, such as real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, email address, telephone number, signature, social security number, driver’s license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers.
- Financial information, such as bank account number, or other financial information.
- Health and safety information, such as health conditions (if relevant to your employment), job restrictions, workplace illness and injury information, and health insurance policy information.
- Protected classification characteristics, such as age, sex, race, ethnicity, disability, and veteran or military status.
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, such as browsing history, search history, and information regarding an individual’s interaction with an internet website or application.
- Biometric information.
- Geolocation data.
- Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information.
- Professional or employment Information, such as job title, hire dates, information about educational and professional background, and employment history.
- Inferences drawn from any of the information listed above, such as profile or summary about an individual’s preferences, characteristics, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
- Right to Opt-Out of Sale. California residents have the right to opt-out of any sales of personal information that may be occurring. Red Robin does not sell personal information in exchange for monetary consideration. As described in the “Cookies and Similar Tracking Technologies” section above, we may participate in behavior-based advertising., which may be considered a “sale” under California law. Most web browsers allow you to exercise control over cookies by deleting them, blocking them, or alerting you when a cookie file is stored. Please review your browser's instructions on these functions. Additionally, if you wish to opt out of behavior-based advertising, please visit www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp.
- California residents may ask Red Robin to describe what categories of personal information (if any) we share with affiliated companies or third parties for their direct marketing purposes, and the names of those companies. You may receive a copy of this notice by submitting a written request to Red Robin at the addresses listed below in the “Communications” section below.
NOTICE OF FINANCIAL INCENTIVE FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION
- Notice to Canadian Residents. Red Robin, our affiliates and our Canadian, US, and other service providers may process and store your personal information in a country outside of Canada, and the governments, courts, or law enforcement of that country may be able to obtain disclosure of personal information through the laws of the foreign country. Under the laws of a foreign country, in certain circumstances, Red Robin may be required to provide your personal information in response to a search warrant or other legally valid inquiry or order.
- Third Party Applications/Websites. We have no control over the privacy practices of websites or applications that we do not own.
If you have questions or concerns regarding our privacy practices or any other privacy or security issue, please contact:
Red Robin Gourmet Burgers6312 S. Fiddler's Green Circle Suite 200 North Greenwood Village, CO 80111 Attention: Chief Information Security Officer (with a copy to: Chief Legal Officer) Telephone: (303) 846-6000
If we need, or are required, to contact you concerning any event that involves your information, we may do so by e-mail, telephone, or mail.
Version Date: October 15, 2021